The word Naturopathy stems from the 19th Century European “Nature Cures”.
It uses natural treatments incorporating diet, relaxation, massage, water, plants, breathing exercices, physical exercices…to help balance and harmonise our lives.
The naturopathic principles:
– prevention is preferable to cure
– the underlying cause is identified and not the disease
– the whole person is treated – physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually
– the person is treated, not the disease
– the individual is unique; each person responds in a different way
– ill health is a result of the internal disorder of the body, rather than external influences of the environment or “disease causing agents”
– a naturopath is an educator/teacher, empowering the patient to take responsibility for his/her own health